Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Trials and Blessings

The last week has been obviously hard. Our baby dreams were shattered once again. And, my body decided that it wanted to attack me. I have a sinus infection and a bladder infection. My sinus infection is so bad, I will be on antibiotics for 3 weeks. I jokingly told my doctor yesterday that I should be patient of the year and have my picture on the wall.

Since my ob/gyn won't test me till I've had 3 miscarriages in a row, I'm taking this into my own hands. I have hypothyroidism, which can lead to fertility problems. So, when I saw my endocrinologist yesterday, I mentioned my miscarriage. He said that the miscarriages could be a result of my endocrine system, so he's going to test my estrogen, progesterone, and all the other things that could cause a miscarriage.

Then I went to my wonderful allergist for an allergy shot. He squeezed me in, even though I didn't have an appointment because I was having horrible sinus headaches, and yup, another sinus infection. He x-rayed me and one of my sinus is completely blocked. Lovely right? So, he's worried that I may have an Immune Deficiency Disorder because I get so many sinus infections and sometimes antibiotics don't work. He said that this disorder could cause you to miscarry. So, he tested me for that, and I'll find out about it in a week. So, I'm taking things into my own hands. If all my testing comes back fine, then we'll just go from there.

So, despite the loss of another baby, sickness and getting poked with a lot of needles,

SEAN AND I ARE HOMEOWNERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Ok, I'm just a little excited! Things have been hard, but I have to remember that we are still so blessed. This home was so meant for us. One Sunday, I felt as though we should pay more fast offerings, so we did. A week later, an LDS realtor, Jon Silva, that my parents have used, emailed Sean that he wanted to help us find a house. (We had been going through another lady). So, we met with Jon 2 days later. We thought it was just going to be a meeting, but he had 5 houses to show us. We saw one and felt kinda of good about it. But then we saw OUR home. We felt the Spirit pretty quick and knew we wanted to make an offer. So, we did and the bank counter offered the next day! Jon was shocked because banks usually don't counter offer until they have many offers. Everything went smoothly and we had zero issues. We got the keys on Friday and we are having some cosmetic work done on it before we move in. I will post pictures soon of our first home!

I am quite aware that in the mist of tragedy, the Lord will still bless you.

6 comments:

Lechelle said...

I'm so happy for your new house! Congrats! You must put up pictures soon.

Many OBs consider 2 miscarriages in a row to be "recurrent pregnancy loss" and they will do the testing. Many insurances will cover the basic testing (usually not the genetic testing) after two. If it's something you want to pursue, get recommendations for an OB that focuses on infertility and bring them a copy of your medical records from your pregnancy. My OB did the testing and my insurance covered it. I even went to another doctor just to get a second opinion on the test results. It's something for you to think about. (hugs)

I hope you feel better soon!

The Fergy Bunch said...

How exciting for you guys and what an answer to prayers. Not only are you going to be tested, before having to go through another loss, but the Lord guided you the home that was meant for you and everything went great. I think that's the Lords way for letting you know that he hasn't forgotten you. =D Congrats and *HUGS*!

The Everts said...

Good for you for taking matters into your own hands! And congrats on becoming home owners!! I am SO excited for you guys but sad that you will not be in our ward anymore. I will really miss you. Post pictures soon!!

Tara said...

Congratulations on your new home! And good luck with all of your tests! love ya.

The Tomlinsons said...

Congrats on your house! That is so exciting. Good luck with your tests. You are one amazing chica, and I have no doubt that someday soon you'll have your own sweet baby to love and raise.

My Very Own Angel said...

Oh gosh, ok I'm so happy and sad at the same time, for you two. But I know that with the kind heart that you have, God is just waiting for the most perfect time to bless you with a baby. I love how you took things into your own hands. Smart girl :) wishing you all the best of luck and maybe this new home is just what you needed to make that baby stick. :) (((HUGS)))

Stephanie Stewart