Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Dear Daddy.....

Dear Daddy,
I may only be 6 months old, but I can already feel how much you love me......

That was the start to Brielle's fathers day card to Sean. Let just say the rest made Sean cry. Brielle and I also made Sean a DVD, which showed her first 6 months of life with her daddy, which also made him cry.

I am so grateful for my wonderful husband. He turned out to be the BEST father. I think growing up with a single mom somehow made him more appreciative towards women, motherhood and helping out. He truly is amazing. I am so grateful that Heavenly Father put us on the same path so that we could meet. And I'm so grateful that Brielle chose him as her daddy.....she's one lucky girl!!








This is how Brielle spent her 1/2 birthday this last Saturday! Poor thing! She was so tired! We went to a birthday party and I really thought she was going to have a melt down because she had not taken a nap. But she just feel asleep in daddy's arms...sitting up (she loves her daddy)!

Brielle had her 6 month check up today.

Brielle's 6 month stats
weight: 17 lbs 6 oz (75%)
height: 26 1/4 in (75%)
head: 17 (60%)
She is one healthy girl!


Brielle's 6 month milestones;
* She now can sit up. Before, it was only a few minutes and now she can go about 10 minutes.
* She has her 2 bottom teeth! I really had no idea her teeth were coming in (besides the drool). She was acting perfectly fine and happy. A few nights, she wwould whimper and cry in her sleep but I just thought it could be a growth spurt or a bad dream. Well, one day I stuck my finger in her mouth for her to chomp on and there it was! And just a few days ago, Sean discovered the other one. She has been such a trooper! I was not expecting such a pleasant teething experience.
* She still LOVES to growl! How did she learn this?? I have no clue.
* She loves to smile with her whole body. (You know....kinda seizure like)
* She has not started solids yet. I talked to the doctor and I'm going to wait just a little while longer.
* She loves to pull things over her face! Pillows, blankets, toys....whatever she can grab that will go over her face. Of course I don't let the object stay there. It's just funny that she enjoys this.
* We have the loud baby!! Not the "unhappy" loud baby, but the "I'm so happy I just gotta squeal" loud, or the "I just learned I can make this sound" loud. Its so funny!! Sean and I were talking through home depot last week and Brielle was just singing and talking away....REALLY loudly! People kept staring at us and Sean and I were just laughing!
* Brielle loves loves LOVES her daddy. The are a match made in heaven.

Sean and I are really enjoying being parents. We can not believe that these last 6 months have flown by so quickly. I hope the next 6 don't go by as fast.







4 comments:

Naomi and Family said...

So wonderful and cute! Can we get a video of her being her happy loud self? I would love to see it!

Gage said...

she is absolutely precious! congratulations on having such an adorable baby!

i also wanted to thank you for your comment on the R house. i'm so happy to see that you have a beautiful baby. it doesn't minimize the pain of miscarriage, but it definitely makes life happier when you have a sweet little thing to take care of :)

Mariel Torres said...

your baby girl is absolutely adorable!

kisses,
Mariel

Laynah said...

What a beautiful family! I can feel the love you all have for eachother.

And I love babies that growl, it's just hilarious.