Saturday, February 19, 2011

Craziness!

Life has been CRAZY!! Last week, we took Brielle on her first road trip to Utah. My great aunt passed, so we went up to Saint George for the funeral. It was really great to see family and for Brielle to meet her great grandma! Brielle even got to meet my birth mom Emily. It was a good trip. Even though we made the trip in 2 days!
Brielle had her 2 month check up yesterday. Can you believe she's 2 months?! I can't! She's 11 lbs 13 oz and 24 inches! She's getting so big! She got her shots. She was not a happy girl. But she survived and today was back to her sweet self.
Sad news in our lives, I had to return to work. =( Definitely something I wasn't looking forward too. I prayed and prayed to find a way to stay home, but we just know that me going back to work is just something that I have to do right now. I survived my first week back. It wasn't easy, but I did it. I could tell the adversary was trying to make me feel horrible and was putting negative thoughts in my head (even after prayers for peace and a blessing). But I recognized what he was doing pretty quickly and decided I wasn't going to let him do that to me. And sweet little Brielle decided she was going to help me out by sleeping practically through the night since I went back. I say practically cause twice she woke up to eat at like 4:45 and my alarm goes off at 5. She is such a little angel! So, we are just trying to get in the swing of things. Work is EXTREMELY exhausting, even before a baby. So now I'm trying to adjust working a tiring job, being in school and taking care of my sweet baby. I know that we will all adjust to my new schedule. And I know someday I will be done with school and get to stay home with my sweet babies. I can not WAIT for that day!!


Meeting her cousin Jake. He is one month older.


We got to see my birth mom Emily!



She is such a little charmer!!




4 generations!




Such a little doll!



LOVE her smile. It seriously melts my heart!


Our little family



Visiting my grandpas grave.









4 comments:

The Everts said...

She is such a cutie. I had to work at night from 6-12:30am when Ethan was 4 months-10 months. I did get to be with him in the day but I missed putting him to bed, feeding him and being with him in night so I can't even imagine how hard it must be to be away during the day but at least you're doing it now when she's young so hopefully you don't have to when she's older. Although we obviously don't have as much money as we would if I had a job, it's a sacrifice I'll take to be with my little guys. Stay strong!

Didi & Jason said...

In your pics it's all sunny and beautiful out. Out my window is the scene of all the new freakin snow! Gah! Can I come live in your world :) Da babe is soo darling. I can't wait to meet her someday. You just keep plugging along friend. All the sacrifices you are making will totally pay off in the end!

Mandi Snider said...

Good luck with everything! You are an amazing woman!

Naomi and Family said...

You are amazing, and I know the Lord will take care of your sweet family and make up any difference there might be and heal any worries that you may have! I know he will give you the strength you need! Keep smiling! I think Brielle has your smile!