Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Cancun

Sean and I have been back from Cancun for over a week. We have been crazy busy and I haven't had time to post anything. Cancun was amazing. There is something so healing about the beach. It's healing physically, emotionally and spiritually. I had bronchitis the whole time we were there. I mean, I was on the verge of pneumonia! But with a blessing and getting to relax and breath in the ocean air, I did surprisingly well. This was probably the best vacation we have ever taken because we did nothing but relax all day long. Spiritually, I regained my faith in certain things. The beach really healed my soul. I got a chance to REALLY think about certain things. And emotionally, I really began to heal from past tragedies. Sean and I grew closer and our friendship deeper. He truly is an amazing man that I am blessed to call my husband. This was the smoothest trip we have ever had as well. Even with a 2:40 am flight! We flew through customs there and back. Everything went perfect....well besides my bronchitis! It was almost as if Heavenly Father was giving us some extra blessings to make our trip more enjoyable. Here are some of my favorite pictures. Enjoy!




Beautiful Resort!


Me & momma


Sean kindly leading me out into the water



The resort had a croc habitat! It's against the law to kill them, so they just cage them off.


Dancing at a really yummy restaurant.




The pools were amazing! And open 24 hours!







LOVE white sand beaches!






Beautiful pier

Beautiful greenery.


I found a swing!!!!



And I found a funny Mayan statue to mess with!


My throne!


Couches on the beach!


Waiting for our shuttle back to the airport. Ready to face reality again.

4 comments:

Naomi and Family said...

Oh wow! What was the name of that resort cause right now there is nowhere I would rather be than there with Derek! Thanks for sharing! You both look so happy! I am so glad it was such a peaceful, healing, and joyful trip for you! That's really wonderful. Thank you for sharing. :)

The Fergy Bunch said...

Looks like you had a lot of fun! =D

The Tomlinsons said...

I'm glad you had such a good trip! That is so nice that you have been able to spend so much one on one time with Sean on trips. When the babies come (and trust me Sierra, I KNOW they will!) you will have already established a very strong foundation for your marriage.

Jake & Rachel said...

It really did look so relaxing! I'm glad you guys got to get away. I feel the same way, the beach is so healing to me, I go everytime I need to unwind and feel good. That's one great thing about being in the Navy, we're never further than 10 minutes from the beach. Although I wish it was a Cancun beach!!