Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Its so sad.

I work at Highland Highschool in Palmdale Ca. As we all know, today is election day. In California, the biggest issue facing us is Prop 8. I am of course voting Yes to protect trational marriage. But as I am walking around campus today, so many kids are yelling, "vote no on prop 8!" It really saddens me how the generation in high school right now is turning out. They have no idea on the impact this will have if prop 8 doesn't pass. I tried to explain to 2 girls today that were saying same sex marriage would not be taught in schools, that it would. I probably shouldn't have interrupted their conversation, but I had to!! And I have never seen so much hate! There were about 15 or so "Yes on 8" signs in our neighborhood. EVERY single sign was stolen this morning!! Homosexuals say they teach love and happiness. In fact the word "gay" means happy! I have never in my life seen so much hate against people who are against same sex marriage. It's ok for them to steal our signs, curse at us, throw eggs at people, vandalize property and act very immature, but if we just say that we against gay marriage, we are evil biagits and haters! It is just so sad. I have been praying very hard for Heavenly Father to calm my heart because I get so worked up over it sometimes. I just pray that California will not fall into satans trap of distroying marriage.

3 comments:

The Tomlinsons said...

I understand what you are saying. I have been very involved with Yes on 8 here in Ridgecrest. I have held signs, made calls, and done everything I could do. I was shocked at how many people yelled at me and threw things at me. It is just sad to see the decay of common sense and treatment of people.
At the same time, Saturday I sat stood in the rain for 4 hours holding my sign. On both sides of me were the opposition. I heard first hand many people yelling at them and treating them very badly also.
We as a people need to be humble and treat each other better. We need to respect each others opinions even when we disagree. That is why we all need to vote.
I too hope and pray that Prop 8 will pass. It is really sad how the morals have decreased so much over the last 8 years. God should be our number 1 priority as a people of this country; who was founded on that very principle.

rob

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jenn said...

I am so happy that 8 passed! It is interesting how backwards society is getting. It scares me to death to raise kids in a generation where being gay is normal. Don't get me wrong, I have friends who are gay...but it is not a life style I would EVER want for my child. I think that it is sad that such a mockery is being made of marriage. Thanks for your support of proposition 8!! You are awesome!